Fiber foods are a type of carbohydrate that the body cannot digest. Fiber can be separated into 2 types: soluble fiber that helps reduce fat and blood sugar levels, found in oatmeal, apples and carrots. And insoluble fiber that helps increase the work of the digestive system and increase the amount of stool. This type of fiber is found in abundance in wheat bran, green beans and potatoes
Moreover, High-fiber foods are also foods that will contain vitamins. Lots of minerals and antioxidants. Helps control weight by making you feel fuller for longer. This helps prevent overeating and hunger pangs between meals. Helps relieve and prevent constipation. It also helps reduce the risk of heart disease , diabetes and colon cancer UFABET
High fiber foods and eating the right amount.
Examples of commonly available high-fiber foods include:
- Fresh fruits like Namwa bananas, bananas, tangerines, mangos, strawberries, avocados, apples.
- Fresh vegetables such as beetroot, broccoli, carrots, yardlong beans, cabbage, bok choy, kale, morning glory, tomatoes, and spinach, etc.
- Nuts such as almonds, soybeans, kidney beans, green peas, chickpeas, white beans, black beans, or lentils.
- Grains such as oats, corn, brown rice, barley, quinoa, or chia seeds (Chia Seeds)
- Processed foods like breakfast cereals cereal bars Some types of yogurt or ice cream
- Food supplements such as Psyllium Husk or Guar Gum, etc.
Department of Health The Ministry of Public Health has recommended fiber intake at 25–38 grams per day. The amount a child should receive can be calculated by adding 5 years of age and is measured in grams per day. And the elderly should receive fiber every day to prevent constipation.